Introduction- Do athletes that use
sports psychology or a sports psychologist perform better than those who don’t
use them?
Sports psychology helps athletes
focus on the task at hand and not the final outcome. It helps determine where
in the mind that the athlete could chock at. And it’s getting inside their head
and making them confident so they don’t and that’s their job. The two main
things that athletes struggle wit are, what they're focusing on, and how
they're feeling. "Negative thoughts, irrelevant thoughts,
outcome-related thoughts, tend to produce higher levels of tension and poor
performance," Wrisberg said. "What we try to do is to break down
performance into the things that they have control of and be sure that that's
what they're doing every single time they attempt their sport."
So when an athlete is at the free
throw line, they teach them mentally to breath and focus on the target. And
trust their practice, and don’t think that this point will affect the outcome
of the game. "It's taking care of the stuff you have control of that is
going to give you the chance to be successful, and I think they learn that principle
when they get together with a performance consultant."
Review of literature-
All of the sites above are about
sports psychology, and have information that I will be using in my paper. All
have information that will be very useful to my paper. I though I knew a lot
about sports psychology but, after reading threw the sites I am learning so
much more. There is so much information to be found about this topic.
Plan to
collect information
I have been
getting a great deal of my information threw web sites about sports psychology,
such as cites that explain what the basic definition is and also threw ProQuest. I plan on getting
a lot more of my information threw books that I will check out for the library.
Also other sports articles and interviews about other athletes.
Project time
line
My time
line, I have never really made a time line before but from where I am right
now, I need to finish up the last 2 in class work sheets. From there I need to
start putting all my information in to a pile and start branching off in to things
I need to do. I’m just a little behind at the moment but I plan on visiting the
library and checking out some books that involve my topic and start reading and
understanding it more. I need to get as much information about my topic as possible
before I start my paper. I still need to get some more sources so my research for
this project is still at the beginning. I plan on being all caught up by Tuesdays
class. So over the weekend I will log some hours.
Goldstein, Jay D., and Seppo Iso-Ahola. "Promoting
Sportsmanship in Youth Sports: Perspectives from Sport Psychology." Journal
of Physical Education, Recreation & Dance 77.7 (2006): 18-24. ProQuest.
Web. 23 Oct. 2014.
Kelley,
Thomas M. "POSITIVE PSYCHOLOGY AND ADOLESCENT MENTAL HEALTH: FALSE PROMISE
OR TRUE BREAKTHROUGH?" Adolescence 39.154 (2004): 257-78. ProQuest.
Web. 23 Oct. 2014
Nelson,
Janet. "ON YOUR OWN; Sports Psychology Becoming the Locker Room's Latest
Rage." New York Times, Late Edition (East Coast) ed.Sep 11 1989. ProQuest.
Web. 23 Oct. 2014 .
Goldstein,
Jay D., and Seppo Iso-Ahola. "Promoting Sportsmanship in Youth Sports:
Perspectives from Sport Psychology." Journal of Physical Education,
Recreation & Dance 77.7 (2006): 18-24. ProQuest. Web. 23 Oct.
2014.
Conviser,
Jenny H. "Sports Psychology in Performance." The Booklist
(1998): 29. ProQuest. Web. 23 Oct. 2014.
Reel, James.
"How to use Sports Psychology to Develop a Performance Plan." Strings
04 2010: 31-2. ProQuest. Web. 23 Oct. 2014 .
No comments:
Post a Comment